Pages

Make-up Storage Update: Muji


Since moving homes again in October I've been fairly satisfied with how well a majority of our belongings have fitted together in the new house. My make-up storage on the other hand, was bothering me somewhat. I had been using a cheap, old tatty plastic set of drawers I got from asda about 5 years ago and each morning scrabbling through the bleakness was not giving me much of a sparkly feeling. 

Here are some photos of what my dressing table looked like before and how my make-up was stored
Overview
Palettes and some make-up bags 
Radio, Nail Varnish and Hair styling 
Tatty drawers
Base Products 
Blush, Bronzers & Highlighters
Eyes

Lips
Empties, Spares & Some tools 
  As you can see, my previous set-up was practical but not very pretty. After trawling various beauty blogs to figure out which storage solution would work best for me, I settled on buying 4 of the large muji 2 drawers for stacking. 
The units were just over £10 each and were delivered from the Muji UK website in under a week. I was so excited when they arrived! These units have little rubber tracks which allow for secure stacking without scratching the units below. 
 
After fiddling around a little, this is what I came up with - excuse the reflections of me in my pjs! 









There's still a little more switching, adding and general froofing to be done before I will be completely happy. The lighting in that corner of the room is AWFUL no matter what the weather, and thanks to some spot lights in the roof I have a lot of trouble with shadows appearing in peculiar places. Eventually I want to have the dresser clear of the clutter so I could maybe pop an office-type lamp there to help the lighting issue and stop make-up application from being such a guessing game!

I've kept the ugly drawers for now and filled them with my nail polish collection which was in the little wicker basket. That now houses my Mac and Ingot palettes which wouldn't fit in the Muji. 

I chose the large 2 drawers as I preferred the individual draw to be deeper. For point of reference this size can snuggly fit a bottle of Nars sheer glow or 2 of the naked palettes stacked on-top of each other. 

I also need to figure out an alternative to storing brushes as the yankee jar i'm using at the moment isn't wide enough and the Zoeva eye set are having to reside in their pouch for now! 

Hope this might be helpful if people are searching for storage alternatives like I was. If anyone has any bright ideas which might give my dresser a bit more sparkle please let me know!

Take care
Steph 
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...