Pages

Fudge Paintbox: Whiter Shade of Pale

Hi Guys!

I'm sure many of you will know that having highlighted hair can be troublesome to maintain. Firstly comes the trauma of bleach followed by weeks of intensive and nourishing treatments to get your locks silky smooth, only to find that you wake up one morning to 2 inches of regrowth. Urgh. 

Over the past 2 years I have noticed another problem which is oh-so common amongst blondes... Brassy tones. Yeah sure, not the most dramatic thing to get stressed over, but when you find you're parting with close to £100 every 8 weeks, you want to ensure the colour you love is going to last! 

In the past I have been a firm believer in silver/purple shampoos, and you can pretty much bet your bottom dollar I will have a bottle of Lee Stafford in the bathroom. However more recently I've been finding my trusty favourite is just not a good enough match for the atmosphere/pollution/whatever it is tainting my highlights. 

My search for help led me to this little bad-boy in a bottle... 
RRP £8.39
Whiter Shade of Pale by Fudge can be mixed with their vibrant paintbox shades to create a softer, pastel colour or used on pre-lightened hair to neutralise yellow tones. 

So armed with my mother's assistance I gave it a whirl. The first step is shampooing your hair then you apply the toner to wet hair (ouch at the memory of combing out un-conditioned hair). The 150ml bottle was enough to cover all my hair once and I have a bit left over to go over the more troublesome areas at a later date. For reference I would say I've got mid-length thin hair - but there is ALOT of it. Wrapped up in cling film(!) I waited the 30 mins as instructed before toddling off to rinse it out. 

Before

After
As you can see overall the hair is lighter & some of the chunkier brassy sections towards the roots have gone cooler, however the ends are still quite yellow. I don't mind it so much though as I think it adds dimension. It's also left my hair quite glossy and feeling rather soft which is a bonus.
Maybe in a couple of weeks I will give it another bash using up whats left on the tips! 

Has anybody got any advice on maintaining blonde hair?

Take care 
Steph
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...