Pages

Bobbi Brown - Shimmer Brick 'Bronze'

Can we just take a moment to admire this beauty...
Bronze Shimmer Brick £32.50
I picked this up when returning back from my summer holiday in Tunisia last month and have been using it everyday since. The shimmery little compact contains 4 shades of bronze with a bar of highlighter. 

Due to the shimmer it isn't suitable for contouring, so I have been dusting the 5 shades over the top of my cheek bones after applying my 'stay by me' blush by mac. The top bar is perfect for highlighting underneath groomed eyebrows. The versatility of this product is something I love, as the bars could be applied as eyeshadows when used separately to get a lovely bronze smokey look. The subtle glitter isn't overpowering and provides a summery fresh glow. 

Mini Face Blender Brush

I paid a little extra to get the compact with a mini face blender brush by Bobbi Brown which is so soft. It compliments the bronzing brick perfectly, creating a soft blend of colour in all the right places.  I haven't experienced any shedding of the brush - but I don't know that 5 weeks is sufficient use to comment on that aspect. 

I have found the staying power to depend on what base I've applied onto - a wash of bronze is still present after a hard days graft on the days I needed a little extra coverage and used something like Chanel Vitalumiere in the mornings. On the days where I can get away with just a light BB cream I have found that the colour isn't really visible when returning from work, but a majority of my make-up has melted off by then anyway!
Swatch - 1 swipe not blended 


Due to its fragile nature I don't think I would dream of putting this in my handbag for retouches. I even packed it with cotton wool inside when taking away for a weekend break recently (Maybe a bit OTT but there we go). It comes in the famous chic black packaging with a large mirror which is always helpful.

 I am naturally a very pale person but have been wearing a tan since returning to England - I could envisage this being a little dark for my natural skintone. I think for that reason I may be tempted to purchase the Rose Shimmer Brick in anticipation for Winter months where my gruelling tanning regime can be overlooked. 

This brick has won an array of awards over the past couple of years and I can certainly see why. I really love using this Shimmer Brick and it has definitely encouraged me to explore the different colours. If anyone has any recommendations for a fairer skin let me know!

Take Care
 Steph
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...